Este post também está disponível em: Portuguese (Brazil)
The demand for increased agricultural production has led to expansion of production areas through deforestation in various regions of Brazil. In the face of this major environmental problem arises the MIDIAGEO REDD-BRAZIL solution.
This program ESCVT – Environmental Socioeconomic Credit MIDIAGEO REDD-BRASIL aims to generate income through the Preservation of Native Forests and the increasing of production using smaller areas. Through the articulation of individuals and institutions in the search of a sustainability standard that would align the environmental, social and economic links consistently and resulting in a sustainable model of performance in their areas of coverage, focused on environmental preservation and improvements in the life quality of the producers and regional development.
This forest protection project uses a methodology that calculates through the, REDD program (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation), forest carbon stocks in areas with native forests of the region, ie of natural forests each property, not including planted forests to commercial purposes, differing from the REDD projects (Reducing emissions from Deforestation and Degradation) by not worrying about the emissions curve calculations, since the project is total preservation areas. They will also be included in the work at the stage of monitoring, prevention systems and adjusting for leaks (leakages).
This model is recognized by international institutions such as Standard Conversion environmental assets of Forests in Transaction instruments. We focus on viabilize agricultural activities in rural properties with the use of existing areas in the scope of local, avoiding the spread of deforestation and burning of forest reserves.
The development model proposed by the program provides substantial benefits that justify its existence as one of the enablers and drivers of the new socio-economic and environmental reality that has the main objective of sustainability:
- ZERO deforestation of areas within the project groups.
- Preservation of the local ecosystem, thus allowing to preserve the Fauna.
- Regularization and Environmental Sustainability for the participating properties
- Environmental Education: Introduction to environmental eduction with the owners, as well as integration of existing programs for good environmental practices.
- A significant evolution of the economic reality of the group of project participants that with the mechanism will get an increase in income, resulting in generation of jobs and opportunities for the whole region and the vicinity, thus changing the landscape of families.
- Consolidation and expansion of the chains of production and collection in the region.
- Creating a BARRIER in the uncontrolled expansion of pasture areas of the Amazon and the Cerrado
- Integration and interaction of the various productive sectors of the region minimizing conflicts of interest.
It is important to note that the benefits provided by this environmental tool will positively affect the titles market as it will provide another application alternative on the market allowing potential investors to acquire Environmental Socioeconomic Credits MIDIAGEO REDD BRAZIL safely and transparently.
To learn more about this Standard, click here to contact the MidiaGEO staff. We are available to clarify any questions and provide further information about our projects and Standards, as well as our involvement in the Socio-Economic Sustainability market.